Corrosion is a natural process that converts a refined metal into a more chemically stable form such as oxide, hydroxide, or sulphide. It is the gradual destruction of materials by chemical and/or electrochemical reaction with their environment. It affects the industry piping and invite a lot of wear and tear and cause contamination in conveying fluids.
Protection form corrosion for Industrial Pipes, Valves and Flanges:
Oxygen leads to rust, and it can cause build-ups and blockages. Protective coatings can stop corrosion in pipes and on other surfaces. We help industries to stay safe and fight corrosion with PTFE solutions. PTFE protect from rusting of Pipes and the like material.
What is PTFE and Why PTFE ?
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is a synthetic polymer consisting of two simple elements; carbon and fluorine. It is derived from tetrafluoroethylene (TFE) and has some unique properties that make it an important material in a wide range of applications.
Properties of PTFE :
· Very high melting point: With a melting point of around 327°C, there are very few situations where PTFE would be damaged by heat.
· Hydrophobic: It’s resistance to water means it never gets wet, making it useful in cooking, wound dressings and more.
· Chemically inert: The majority of solvents and chemicals will not damage PTFE.
· Low coefficient of friction: The coefficient of friction of PTFE is one of the lowest of any solid in existence, meaning nothing will stick to it.
· High flexural strength: It’s ability to bend and flex, even at low temperatures, means it can be easily applied to a variety of surfaces without losing its integrity.
All these unique properties mean PTFE is very useful and is widely used in both domestic and commercial applications. We chose it for Industrial Pipes , Valves and Flanges , specially for Chemical industries.